2013 is coming to an end, and Social Media stats from around the Internet are rolling in! Many social sites saw impressive number gains this year, and the statistics make for very valuable marketing tools when planning for 2014. I have gathered what I think are some of the most important facts and put them into an infographic for all of you to reference.
-Click on the image to see it full-sized-
What can we learn from 2013’s Social Media trends?
- Facebook remains a powerhouse venue for photo sharing, despite recent losses in younger audiences.
- Twitter and Google+ are holding strong behind Facebook, with LinkedIn as popular as ever amongst professional networkers.
- Tumblr is continuing to grow through high traffic, and users are spending more time on the site than on Twitter and Facebook.
- Pinterest users remain heavily female and love to pin food items more than anything else.
- Shoppers and mobile device users are dominating Social Media venue visits.
Each venue holds value in their own way, but not every Social Media site is right for every business. When you are preparing to make your marketing plan for 2014, evaluate your audience and study these trends so that you can make the best decisions for you and your brand.
If you would like to share this infographic, please link back to my blog and/or credit me @Mabetini on Twitter!